[Asterisk-Users] X100P Call Waiting and Three Way Calling from SIP Device

Ben Wern bmwl at enmesh.net
Mon Jul 19 10:05:18 MST 2004

I'm trying to be able to access the call waiting and three-way calls
features on a line attached to my X100P. For example, a party calls, the
X100P/Asterisk ring the 7960 on my desk, and all is fine. If I want to three
way call another individual in, I need to send a Flash to the X100P, and the
7960 doesn't appear to have any way to to that mid-call. All I can come up
with is transferring the call to a macro that will Flash, Dial the digits,
and return the call to me. For example, _*4. points to:

[app-flash]
exten => _*4.,1,Flash()
exten => _*4.,2,SendDTMF(${EXTEN:2})
exten => _*4.,3,Flash()
exten => _*4.,4,Transfer(1112)

This seems to work.. almost.. The flash, DTMF, and Flash commands work,
becuase the party on the first Zap call can hear the party on the second Zap
call. However, the Transfer back to the 7960 doesn't work, and after a few
seconds the entire call is dropped. Any idea on what I'm doing wrong? Is
there a simpler (in-call flash?) way to do this?

Ben Wern