[Asterisk-Users] IP Phone recommendation

Harry McGregor hmcgregor at espri.arizona.edu
Mon Jul 19 09:25:48 MST 2004

On Mon, 2004-07-19 at 09:04, Yiannis Costopoulos wrote:
> Hi,
>
> 	I am looking for some affordable IP Phones. Any experiences with the
> SipToneII by ipDialog?

So far our experience with the IP Dialog SipToneII is not good.  It
locks up after hang up on us, and just does not play nice.  If anyone
has any suggestions on how to get it working, we are all ears.

The IP Dialog phone is running $200, while the Zip 4x4 is running
$280-300 (depending on qty).  We are deploying ~60 phones.  Originally
we were going to try and do 20 Uniden UIP200 and 40 Zip 4x4.  We were
unable to get our hands on a Uniden, and found that it would not even be
available for an august deployment, so we decided to try the IP Dialog
phone.  The Uniden would have been a very worth while cost savings, as
it's $150 and the Zip is $280 for our qty, but the $80 savings of the IP
Dialog is not worth it to us.

			Harry

> 	What about soft phones? Any recommendations there (for Windoze and Linux)?

Have not tried it but what about PhoneGaim?