[Asterisk-Users] Unavailable/Withheld identification

Nick Barnes nick at bcn-it.co.uk
Mon Jul 19 06:07:23 MST 2004

Hi,

I'm in the process of switching over to Asterisk from Alchemy kit and have
hit a stumbling block.

We're in the UK and use ISDN. At the moment we don't accept calls from
withheld numbers (we just play them a message), but do accept calls from
unavailable numbers. There doesn't seem to be any way for me to
differentiate between the two number types in Asterisk (chan_CAPI) - they
both appear to be presented as lacking callerID with no other identifier.

I've had a look back through the archives and there doesn't seem to be an
answer to this one.

Does anybody have an idea on what to do or where to look?

Many thanks,

Nick.