[Asterisk-Users] LAN Switch w/ QoS

asteriskstuff at ziplip.com asteriskstuff at ziplip.com
Mon Jul 19 04:31:41 MST 2004

Try picking up a 3com 3c17205 (4400 PWR) 24 port switch...it'll cost you a couple of bucks more but has POE built in and if you use the NJ200 (there's a guy selling boxes of 20 NJ200's on Ebay for $750 but he's got a lot so you can get him down to about $575) or NJ220 wall jacks (DONT GET THE NJ95,NJ100 or NJ105) it gives you tremendous flexibility, the NJ's are a proper managed 4 port switch in themselves and have built in QoS priority and the 4400 forwards POE to them and they forward it to the device).

I managed to pick up some new 3c17205's for about $400 on Ebay (although they're scarce at the moment) and just finished wiring up my flat with the whole shebang....means I've got phone points and network points everywhere in a single device and don't have to worry about power points.

Have fun.