[Asterisk-Users] GR-303 and _FXS_ support!

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at backtobasicsmgmt.com
Sun Jul 18 22:24:50 MST 2004

For those who don't watch asterisk-cvs, it appears that markster has
begun (and possibly) completed adding GR-303 FXS support to Asterisk.
This means that Asterisk could be used as an "access concentrator" off
of a class 5 switch, which gives us a higher-level alternative between
using single PRIs and going all the way to SS7.

I for one am very interested in pursuing this option as soon as someone
out there has tested it on a live connection... don't think I can afford
to be the guinea pig, though, unless my telco really wants to have some
fun :-)