[Asterisk-Users] Mac OS X installer for Asterisk

Sunrise Ltd stsltdtyo at yahoo.co.jp
Sat Jul 17 17:03:30 MST 2004

rich wrote:

>this installer killed my user info!!

thanks for the feedback.

there have been two cases of this reported. I believe you
will find that your /var directory is no longer a symbolic
link to /private/var as it should be. I have changed the
settings in the package to target /private/var now instead
of /var.

to fix, move everything you have in /var to /private/var
(but be careful not to overwrite anything that might occur
twice), then remove /var and re-create the symlink again
with ln -s /private/var /var

I am very sorry about the inconvenience. Please accept my
apologies.

you may want to delete the .pkg file and download the new
one at the same location.

rgds
benjamin

--
Sunrise Telephone Systems Ltd
9F Shibuya Daikyo Bldg., 1-13-5 Shibuya, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo, Japan