[Asterisk-Users] spa-3000 review?

Wolfgang S. Rupprecht list+asterisk-users at lists.wsrcc.com
Sat Jul 17 16:30:24 MST 2004

(Dameon D. Welch-Abernathy) writes:
> Wolfgang S. Rupprecht wrote:
> > Have you gotten asterisk to work for dial-out to the PSTN when using a
> > md5 authentication?
>
> What I discovered via tcpdump was that the Asterisk box wasn't
> responding to the authentication request for whatever reason. I
> couldn't get it to work until I upgraded to the latest CVS
> release. Once I did that, I could do it with authentication.

Interesting.  I'm at -current +/- a day and do see a
NAK/retry-with-md5 exchange when I do a "sip debug".  The md5
authentication is also NAK-ed.

My fear was that it was expecting the calling user to use their own
username in the validation instead of asterisk using the shared secret
with a shared user-id.

-wolfgang
openbsd amd64 http://www.wsrcc.com/wolfgang/ftp/asterisk-openbsd35.patch