[Asterisk-Users] Where can i get an UK SIP account with UK number?

Linus Surguy linus at magrathea-telecom.co.uk
Sat Jul 17 06:03:44 MST 2004

http://www.btwholesale.com/content/binaries/service_and_support/pricing_information/carrier_price_list_browsable/b1_08.rtf

> Tells you how much geographic number portability costs with BT, though
> you may also need to refer to other schedules if you intend to transit
> those calls over BT's network to wherever you connect to them.
>
> The only people who do it effectively have interconnects with BT in
> most exchanges, thus keeping these conveyance charges down. They would
> mostly be the cable operators, of course.

We are in the process of establishing geographic portability arrangements in
the UK for exactly this purpose. However, the paperwork involved is very
time consuming to initiate a porting arrangement between one operator and
another, and you have to do it for each and every operator you wish to port
to/from. This is why most people are unable to offer it.

Linus