[Asterisk-Users] I already have a VAD frame?

Andrew Yager andrew at rwts.com.au
Fri Jul 16 19:36:20 MST 2004

Just shoved my 7960 onto one of my clients networks. I'm talking from
outside the office to them (they are using a GS BT101). I'm getting the
following message repeatedly in the log, whenever someone talks.

Jul 17 12:29:40 NOTICE[96402352]: frame.c:120 ast_smoother_feed:
Dropping extra frame of G.729 since we already have a VAD frame at the
end

Both phones are set to use the G729 codec, and inside from GS to GS the
message doesn't appear. I don't remember seeing it when I had my Cisco
inside the network.

Not that it seems to be a problem (everything sounds fine) - but it
would be nice to work out why & fix it...

Anybody have any suggestions?

Thanks,
Andrew

Andrew Yager