[Asterisk-Users] PSTN/phone/FXO/FXS cabling issue

Lyle Giese lyle at lcrcomputer.net
Fri Jul 16 17:44:10 MST 2004

Line 1 is always the center two pins.  Line2 (on a two line analog jack) are
the pins just to the outside of the center two pins.

Now you know why the center two pins are pair 1 and the pins to the outside
of them is pair 2.  The rj11/12 jack will plug into the wider rj45 just
fine.  You just have to make sure you center it when plugging it in.

Lyle