[Asterisk-Users] 7960 Dynamic DNS?

Marty Mastera mmastera at m3resources.com
Fri Jul 16 16:41:18 MST 2004

Hello everyone....

Searching the archives and google always comes up with entries regarding
the "dyn" dns option in the 7960, but I can't find answers to my
specific question....

My 7960 is connected via cable modem and is NAT'ed (everything is
working fine).  On the 7960 under SIP configuration\NAT Address I have
the public IP of my cable connection.  Comcast gives me a dynamic IP so
if it changes, the connection to the * server is broken until I find out
what my new IP is and correct the NAT Address in the phone.

I see the configuration field in the phone called dyn_dns_addr_1 and _2,
is there a way to have the phone register with a DNS server or a dynamic
DNS service to register it's dynamic IP and set * to the phone's host
and domain name?

Thanks,

Marty