[Asterisk-Users] SIP channels UNKWN

M3 Freak m3freak at rogers.com
Fri Jul 16 10:58:18 MST 2004

On Fri, 2004-07-16 at 13:28, Eric Wieling wrote:
> I'm having an oddball issue with a Polycom SoundPoint IP 500.  As you
> can see below Asterisk thinks there are 2 SIP channels active, but show
> channels tells me there are no calls active.  Anyone have any idea why
> this is happening?  The Polycom occasionally stops accepting calls and
> requires a power cycle.
>
> fs-1*CLI> sip show channels
> Peer             User/ANR    Call ID      Seq (Tx/Rx)   Format
> 172.16.5.126     (None)      7167456b-51  00101/00621   UNKN
> 172.16.5.126     (None)      fd6a6881-ea  00101/00621   UNKN
> 2 active SIP channel(s)
> fs-1*CLI> show channels
>          Channel  (Context    Extension    Pri )   State Appl.         Data
> 0 active channel(s)
> fs-1*CLI>

I don't know why it's happening, but I've noticed that with our Snom 200
phone.  Asterisk was showing two SIP channels, but after running "show
channels", Asterisk reported there were no active channels.

Occasionally calls can't be made to the Snom 200.  Once in a while other
weird things happen, and in all cases a reboot of the phone solves the
problem.

This is a recent thing.  We're currently running
CVS-HEAD-07/15/04-17:23:35.

Kanwar
Systems Aligned Inc.
www.systemsaligned.com