[Asterisk-Users] Echo problem update - POSSIBLE SOLUTION

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Fri Jul 16 10:47:12 MST 2004

On Friday 16 July 2004 12:43, W. Kevin Hunt wrote:
> First let me say that normal cheapy PC hardware couldn't be made to
> function with out echo.  We tried on both the single port Digium T1 card
> and the 4 port Digium T1 card.  Even on a SuperMicro Dual PIII-933 w/
> hardware scsi raid we had echo issues.  We moved everything to a Compaq
> DL380 dual PIII-833MHz (notice a slower machine) w/ hardware scsi raid.
> Same T1 cards, same compile method, and NO echo on the DL...  We did
> manage to get the echo to almost un-noticable on the Supermicro, but it
> was still there.  There is NO echo on the DL380  We are currently
> testing the Compaq 6400R for compatability and will let the list know
> how it goes.

We have a T100P and a TE405P on Supermicro dual Xeon 2.8, SCSI backplane,
*server* systems...  we get some echo on some calls out to the Bell Canada
PRI, and some on calls through nufone.  It's definitely destination related
for us.

The T100P connects to an Adit600 FXS channel bank which goes to our Meridian
MICS -- Eventually I'll be replacing the channel bank and POTS trunk lines on
the MICS with a proper PRI card.

Regards,
Andrew