[Asterisk-Users] Re: Really long first ring, then normal

Andreas Anderson galium123 at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 16 06:42:48 MST 2004

Hiya,

>I've been seeing this lately with our Asterisk PBX as well.  With
>Asterisk CVS HEAD 05-21, the ringing was normal.  After our last
>upgrade, CVS HEAD 07-03, the first ring is almost always one continuous
>ring that lasts about 2 to 3 seconds.

>We're noticing other problems too, such as hangup detection.  This
>worked flawlessly for us with CVS HEAD 05-21 (we have a TDM400P card
>with 1 FXS and 1 FXO).  But, now Asterisk isn't detecting hangups at
>all.  I'm not sure at the moment if something on the actual POTS line
>has changed, or if it's a problem with the CVS version we're running.

>Anyone else noticing strange behaviour such as the above?

jup, me2: If i'm calling my Cisco 7960 from my cellphone, the Cisco rings
3-5
times before i hear the ring on the cellphones. I tried progress=yes and
no in sip.conf, no difference.

The calls come in on a BRI with chan_capi, OR on a Cisco 3620 with VIC-2BRI,
it's the same problem both ways, so its neither capi nor a SIP problem...

I'm using CVS from today.

I've just opened a bug with ID2062, maybe someone knows when exacty this
problem started...

Andreas.