[Asterisk-Users] Anyone experience with early dial?

Holger Schurig hs4233 at mail.mn-solutions.de
Fri Jul 16 03:30:59 MST 2004

I'm trying to use early-dial.

Here, all hardware PBX have it. You dial numbers and, as soon as you have
a matching dialplan entry, you get throught.

I my Grandstream I enabled early-dial. And when I put

  exten=91,1,Milliwatt

in my dialplan then it works as expected. Also, when I call other SIP or
IAX phones it works. Hurray!

But how can I get it working with external lines?   In my test setup, I
have a chan_capi (0.3.4a) based setup. Now we have the nice wiki and I
found, at the end of
http://www.voip-info.org/tiki-index.php?page=Asterisk+CAPI+readme that I
could use

  exten=0,1,Dial,CAPI/829545:b

When I do this and dial a 0, I hear the outside dialtone. Great. But when
I now dial a normal number, it doesn't work. I have to dial an additional
number, say 6. After this number, I still hear a dialtone. When I now
continue dialling, the dial tone vanishes (as expected).

So, to reach the local number 914115, I have to dial 0-6-914115.

With a hardware PBX I have to dial 0-914115

And ideas?

[general]
nationalprefix=0
internationalprefix=00