[Asterisk-Users] G.729 codec doesn't seem to work *even* after installing the license

Walter Klomp walter at aglow.com.sg
Thu Jul 15 22:35:19 MST 2004

Perfect, that seemed to do the trick.

I didn't have the codecs specified, so assumed all were enabled, but didn't
know you have to *explicitly* allow all the codecs individually... So now I
added in sip.conf:

disallow=all                    ; Disallow all codecs
allow=g723.1
allow=g729
allow=gsm
allow=ilbc
allow=alaw                      ; Allow codecs in order of preference
allow=ulaW

And it works now...

Now I only have to figure out why asterisk passes the IP address of the
client as caller-id to my cisco box, instead of the phone number...

Walter.