[Asterisk-Users] Fedora Core 2 softphone

defiance defiance at stratitec.com
Thu Jul 15 14:34:20 MST 2004

Hello all,

I am in the process of converting our company over to * to replace our
ancient executone system. As part of the testing process my boss wants
us to all run softphones on our desktops until he gets the phones
ordered. Quite a few of us run fedora core 2, and I haven't had any luck
getting a soft phone to work. Kphone works the best out of all I have
tried but I get no sound out of it. Linphone constantly crashes, and I
can't get gnophone to build. I also tried the ipv6 version of kphone but
it does not have a built in keypad so voicemail and stuff like that
doesn't work. I have spent alot of time on google and looking through
the lists and have not come up with a solution. You guys have any ideas?

chris