[Asterisk-Users] freenode #asterisk IRC channel identd problem

Nathan Alpert asterisk at demicrosystems.com
Thu Jul 15 12:54:01 MST 2004

Sorry to ask this question here since it's related to IRC and not
Asterisk, but I am having trouble logging into the #asterisk IRC channel
on freenode and was wondering if anyone else has had this problem and
solved it.

So here's the situation: Whenever I try to login to the #asterisk
channel I get a message like "you must be identified to login to this
channel." So after doing a little research on this, I found that the
identity thing is related to the "identd" server used to identify
computers on a network. Apparently in Linux there is some identd server
thing that needs to be configured so I didn't mess with this and used
mIRC on Windows which has a identd server built into the program. I have
my firewall forwarding port 113 to the computer running mIRC (which is
apparently needed to listen for the identd requests) and the SOB still
gives me the same message and I can't get into the #asterisk channel.

Has anyone else had this problem and solved it?

Thanks,
Nate Alpert
asterisk at demicrosystems.com