[Asterisk-Users] Really long first ring, then normal

M3 Freak m3freak at rogers.com
Thu Jul 15 12:12:00 MST 2004

On Thu, 2004-07-15 at 14:13, Joshua McClintock wrote:
> I have an asterisk box setup with a T1 card (hooked to a pri from the
> telco).  Sometimes when people call a number that rings down that pri,
> the first ring is really really long, like 3 normal rings put together.
>
> My indications.conf is the default that comes out after you do a make
> install.  Is this (first long ring) something I can control?

I've been seeing this lately with our Asterisk PBX as well.  With
Asterisk CVS HEAD 05-21, the ringing was normal.  After our last
upgrade, CVS HEAD 07-03, the first ring is almost always one continuous
ring that lasts about 2 to 3 seconds.

We're noticing other problems too, such as hangup detection.  This
worked flawlessly for us with CVS HEAD 05-21 (we have a TDM400P card
with 1 FXS and 1 FXO).  But, now Asterisk isn't detecting hangups at
all.  I'm not sure at the moment if something on the actual POTS line
has changed, or if it's a problem with the CVS version we're running.

Anyone else noticing strange behaviour such as the above?

Thanks,

Kanwar
Systems Aligned Inc.
www.systemsaligned.com