[Asterisk-Users] NAT and * - SIP Multiple login timeout

Harold Workman hworkman at cytelcom.com
Thu Jul 15 06:16:57 MST 2004

asterisk-users-admin at lists.digium.com wrote:
>> BUT, I am now able to call both phones at the same time and they
>> both ring. This sounds like Asterisk is blocking multiple
>> connections  from the same IP Address?  How do i go about fixing
>> this?
>>

> Your NAT bindings are probably expiring.  You need to have your phones
> send a Keep Alive every 10 - 30 seconds or change the registration
> interval to 30 seconds and it should work ok.

Actually I was using my last email as an Example. My re-registration phones
are set for 45 seconds.  I dropped them down to 30 seconds with the same
luck.  Also I dont believe they are expiring because if I get one of the
phones to log in briefly then force it to log off without un-registering and
change the sip.conf file to point host=x.x.x.x where x.x.x.x is the ip
address of my firewall, and I make a call the phone still rings.  So Im
certain its not the bindings expiring on my firewall or the phone call would
never complete.

I am pretty CERTAIN that Asterisk is not allowing multiple logins from the
same IP Address. If i sit and watch the CLI sip debug, watch one phone
register and call the other one, it goes through the Retransmitting to find
the phone.  Once the other phone re-registers it rings again, but the other
phone is dead in the water.

Is this not normal?  Is there a command which allows multiple logins from
the same IP Address? or is it just supposed to allow that anyways?