[Asterisk-Users] oh323 dial structure and oh323 debug?

Chris A. Icide chris at netgeeks.net
Wed Jul 14 18:10:08 MST 2004

According to the wiki at voip-info.org, the dial structure for using oh323
without a gatekeeper is:

or
  OH323/<exten>

The second option is valid only in the case where a gatekeeper is used.
NOTE: OpenH323 library v1.12.0 has a bug in the parsing of the destination
host. When this version is used then the above syntax should be:

Now, I've got a '*' box that has oh323 running, and it accepts inbound h323
calls and processes them perfectly (well, not perfectly, but thats because
they are coming in with g729 and going out as gsm, and we don't have our
g729 licenses from digium yet), and now that this is working as expected,
I've been asked to pass any calls with prefix 572 back out to another h323
gateway.  Simple enough, in the dial plan I just matched _572. and tried
sending it out to the other h323 gateway (not an asterisk platform).  This
is where the problem is.

I can't seem to get the system to send the extension along no matter what
form I try.  And to worsen this the oh323 debug toggle CLI command does
nothing (I haven't checked if I need to go back and compile a debug flag
into oh323 yet).  I've tried the following in the way of dial commands:

First, Dial(OH323/<gw-ip-addy>) works in that I actually contact the remote
gw and it gives me a bad user message '-- H.323 call 'ip$localhost/6740'
cleared, reason 24 (Call ended with Q.931 cause)
', so I know I'm getting to the right gw.

Dial(OH323/${EXTEN:3}@<gw-ip-addy>) doesn't work, we don't seem to parse
the <exten>@<ip-addy> and just try to reach the whole argument as an
address, error is '-- H.323 call 'ip$localhost/6738' cleared, reason 11
(Gatekeeper could not find user)'

Dial(OH323/h323:${EXTEN:3}@<gw-ip-addy>)   (yes, pulling at straws here
because I'm running 1.13.5 lib), also doesn't work... ' -- H.323 call
'ip$localhost/6737' cleared, reason 11 (Gatekeeper could not find user)'

I've also tried mixing and matching the exten and ip-addy all around to no
avail.  Can someone point out the right format of the Dial command for
oh323 when routing a call with a dialed extension to gateway with a known
ip-address.  No gatekeepers involved at all.

-Chris