[Asterisk-Users] Bounty! For help with echo cancellation code.

Bob Knight bk at minusw.com
Wed Jul 14 17:50:01 MST 2004

> At least one of us that have worked a fair amount with the echo
> problem tends to believe the issue is "system" related as opposed
> to pstn line issues. Off-list, we found that swapping motherboards
> "does" have a very noticable impact, and processor speed does
> not appear to be a consideration. (Kind of thinking the echo
> (or feedback loop) is actually internal to the system.)
>
> Would the SMAART package help if this is the case?

It probably would not help, but it sure is fun to play with.

SMAART compares any 2 signals.
If you pump a signal into a black box and then compare the
output to the input, it can show you what the black box did
to the signal in both time and frequency domain.
It will show you phase response, impulse response and transfer func.

Bad news, it is not open source and does not run on linux.
They do have a free 30 day demo version you can download and play with.
It can make real pretty pictures on the screen.

--
Bob Knight
[-w] the work option
bk at minusw.com