[Asterisk-Users] Re: ISP: AT&T or Sprint

Randy Bush randy at psg.com
Wed Jul 14 16:35:48 MST 2004

> Thank you, good comment
>> At&T by far on IP quality, We once had a Sprint DS3 on a 100 meg man link.
>> After 5 months of inadequate service, Sprint had 9 engineers trying to tell
>> me that it was my problem I never got a faster download than 3megabit versus
>> a 9 meg link that absolutely screamed from at&t. Never again will I use
>> Sprint for an IP connection. They oversell many times their bandwidth and
>> the service sucks if there is a problem.

perhaps.  but it lacks some.  from actual research and operator
measurements, sprintlink is highly over-provisioned on the north
american backbone and to customer aggregation routers.  customer
links can easily be saturated.  and some of their peering links are
under-provisioned, as are many providers' in these tight times,
at&t included.

randy, who works for their competition