[Asterisk-Users] RE: [Asterisk-User] asterisk compile problem

William Suffill william.suffill at gmail.com
Wed Jul 14 11:32:28 MST 2004

Using bison 1.35 here

----- Original Message -----
From: Fletcher Bonds <fbonds at seattle.telecomsys.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2004 09:09:48 -0700
Subject: [Asterisk-Users] RE: [Asterisk-User] asterisk compile problem
To: asterisk-users at lists.digium.com
Cc: nmartin at radiancetech.com

From: "Nik Martin"
<nmartin at radiancetech.com>>

To:
<asterisk-users at lists.digium.com>>

Subject: RE:
[Asterisk-Users] asterisk compile problem

Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2004
09:22:38 -0500

Technologies, Inc.

Fletcher Bonds wrote:

>> Hello all

>> As of 5pm PST today
(7/13), I pulled Asterisk down off of

cvs.digium.com:/usr/cvsroot and tried to compile it on Linux ES 2.1

>> Actually, I pulled
down zaptel, libri & asterisk and compiled them in

>> that order as per
my install guide.

>> When I try to
compile asterisk with "make clean; make install", it

>> runs okay for a bit
and then I get the following error: (ignore

>> Outlooks insistence
at capitalizing the first letters of these

>> lines/sentences -
it's all

>> lowercase)

>> Bison ast_expr.y
--name-prefix=ast_yy -o ast_expr.c

>> Ast_expr.y:110:
unrecognized: %locations

>> Ast_expr.y:110:
Skipping to next %

invalid @-construct

>> Ast_expr.y:141: $.
Is invalid

>> [these last two
lines repeat iterating the line number (141) up to

>> 155 then:]

>> Make: ***
[ast_expr.c] Error 1

>> And it stops.  I've
looked at this source file starting at the 110

>> line location, (I'm
not a C programmer though) and I don't see

>> anything obviously
wrong to fix.

>> Additional info on
my system:  This is a fresh install of Linux ES

>> 2.1 on a HP ProLiant
DL380 - It's custom install with Development &

>> Kernel Development
packages installed as well as OpenSSL-Devel,

>> Readline41,
Ncurses4, Ncurses C++ Devel, SOX & mpg123 packages.

>> Other than that
it's completely clean.  It's being installed on a

>> partition with
loads of space available to it and the install is

>> being run as
root.

>> Can anyone tell
from that error if I'm missing something or what the

>> problem may be?

>> Thanks a bunch

>Yep, you need bison

I have bison.

            # bison –V

            GNU Bison version 1.28

Is it expecting a different version than that?

Thanks!

Fletcher Bonds

Operations Software Tester

TeleCommunication Systems, Inc. (TCS)