[Asterisk-Users] Windows Messenger Problem

Asterisk User asterisk at emobilenetworks.com
Wed Jul 14 10:06:58 MST 2004

Hi All,

I'm currently having a problem with video calls with 2 Windows Messenger
clients through *. The video+audio call gets established ok, but after a
random period, usually anywhere from 20 seconds to 3 minutes, (though
usually under a minute), both video and audio gets disconnected. Just
plain audio calls between WM through * work fine and don't have this
problem. Using asterisk's sip debug function I see that it's always the
initiator of the call that sends an untimely BYE message that terminates
the call. Though I can't figure out why it's doing so, and seemingly at
random.

in my [general] section in sip.conf I enabled videosupport=yes, and
under the corresponding phones I enabled allow=h261 and allow=h263. I
tried both canreinvite=yes and no, and both resulted in the same problem.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in Advance,
Jason