[Asterisk-Users] 0h323/ h323-registration

Glen Hinkle asterisk at empireenterprises.com
Wed Jul 14 07:51:47 MST 2004

> As I understand, oh323 channel cannot act as h323-gatekeeper and it
just role as a simple h323-GW ( am i right micheal????).

Correct.

> If this is the case, how can I register my h323 EP ? shall I user a
3rd party GK like (gnu or mvts)?

Correct.  Mvts is expensive, OpenH323gk is fantabulous, easy to
configure, & easy to modify.  (http://www.gnugk.org)

> plz explain more about h323 registration.

This will give you an understanding of what goes on:
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk701/technologies_tech_note09186a00800c5e0d.shtml

-g