[Asterisk-Users] GSM adapter + Automatic Routing function

Nagy Zoltán iloz at http.hu
Wed Jul 14 06:14:36 MST 2004

Hi,

I have found this Asterisk thing on the internet today, and I wonder if we
can solve our problem with this cheeper, than with a conventional PBX. I'm
completelly new to Asterisk...

The situation is the following:
We have a little business, we work only two in the office. We give a call
center service to our customers on land telephone line, but we don't pay
dedicated employee for this, so we give call center service ourseves. We
also have a cell phone plan (package), which we can use to call each other
at no costs.
We work a lot out of the office, and we want to forward our incoming calls
to our cellular pones. I imagine two configurations (I have made a draft of
them: http://www.http.hu/asterisk-config.gif).

1st configuration:
The first ISDN number rings on phone 1 (it's on my desk), the second ISDN
number rings on phone 2 (it's on my colleague's desk). If nobody picks up
the call in the office, the PC (Asterisk) forwards the incoming calls to
ISDN number 1 to my cell phone number via a GSM adapter, and the incoming
calls to ISDN number 2 to my colleague's cell phone number via a GSM
adapter.

2nd configuration:
As I said we have a cell phone plan (package), which we can use to call each
other at no costs. We will put a SIM to the GSM adapter with this kind of
plan, so the GSM adapter can call our cell phones at no costs. Because of
that we don't need any cable telephone to be on our desks, and all incoming
ISDN calls can be forwarded to our cell phones, as above...

Can we solve this problem with Asterisk?
If yes, what kind of hardware must we use?

Thanks,
Zoltan