[Asterisk-Users] ACD Issues

Robert Jackson RobertJ at promedicalinc.com
Wed Jul 14 05:01:19 MST 2004

Alright, folks.  I just deployed * into full production at my office.
We have around 50 7905's, 5 7940's, and a handful of soft clients.  We
run a call center with around 15 agents.  I also have a queue set up for
the receptionists so that they don't get bombarded with calls.
Everything seems to be working with a very few minor glitches.

I firmly believe that the few problems we are having is indicative of
bad config files.  Let me explain what the issues are first:

1) Our agents for the main call center are responsible to make calls
when they have not already received an ACD call.  However it seems that
if they make an outbound call asterisk is still routing inbound calls to
them.  The ACD call beeps at them via the call waiting features then if
the agent does not answer the ACD call it logs the agent out.  I am just
trying to figure out how I can tell the system that the extension is
busy.  Should I be using the new replacements to incominglimit?
2) On the main call center queue the system seems to be routing the
calls to the agent with the lowest agent number by priority, even though
I have it set for leastrecent.  For example it seems that if agent 1101
just hungup a previous call they immediately get another call even if
another logged on agent has been sitting idle for 5-10 minutes.  I
initially had it set to roundrobin and it behaved in the same manner.
3) Our second queue, the one marked administrative_q in the excerpt
below, is set to ringall, however it only rings on one phone no matter
how many people are logged in.

Overall, these are relatively small issues and we have been simple
dealing with them for the last few days, but I thought the some of the
ACD/Queuing gurus may be able to help.

Here are some of the relevant config files:

agents.conf
-------------------
[agents]

autologoff=15
ackcall=no
wrapuptime=60000

; Group used for patient_q
group=1
agent => 1001,1234,Robert
agent => 1002,1234,John
agent => 1101,1234,Ann
agent => 1102,1234,April
agent => 1103,1234,Danielle
agent => 1104,1234,Dawn
agent => 1105,1234,Helene
agent => 1106,1234,Jackie
agent => 1107,1234,Jennifer
agent => 1108,1234,Kelli
agent => 1109,1234,Lynn
agent => 1110,1234,Alice
agent => 1111,1234,Tera

autologoff=15
ackcall=no
wrapuptime=5000

; Group used for administrative_q
group=2
agent => 1201,1234,Linda
agent => 1202,1234,Rebbecca
agent => 1203,1234,Susie
agent => 1204,1234,Tammy
agent => 1205,1234,Patty

queues.conf
------------------
[general]
;
; Global settings for call queues
;   (none exist currently)

[default]
;
; Default settings for queues (currently unused)
;

[administrative_q]
music=default
announce-holdtime=yes