SIP simultaneous registry possible workaround (was Re: [Asterisk-Users] New Asterisk bounty: SIP simultaneous registry)

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Tue Jul 13 20:10:36 MST 2004

On Tuesday 13 July 2004 17:16, Youness El Andaloussi wrote:
> Variables can shorten the parameter greatly
>
> GROUP1=SIP/1&SIP/2&SIP/3&SIP/4
> GROUP2=SIP/5&SIP/6
>
> dial(${GROUP1}&${GROUP2})

You're missing the point.  This is STILL unwieldy.  I'd have to put together a
list of variables, ensuring each entry is typed correctly not only in
sip.conf but also in extensions.conf, and then group all these strings
together.

We have group=x functionality in zapata.conf, does the same exist in sip.conf?
What about iax and skinny and mgcp?  It should, it simplifies this all
incredibly.  Add a user, add them to the group and your dialplan doesn't have
to change every time you add a new peer to the list.

I dunno, just my $0.02.

-A.