[Asterisk-Users] asterisk compile problem

Fletcher Bonds fbonds at seattle.telecomsys.com
Tue Jul 13 17:46:30 MST 2004

Hello all

As of 5pm PST today (7/13), I pulled Asterisk down off of
cvs.digium.com:/usr/cvsroot and tried to compile it on Linux ES 2.1

Actually, I pulled down zaptel, libri & asterisk and compiled them in that
order as per my install guide.

When I try to compile asterisk with "make clean; make install", it runs okay
for a bit and then I get the following error: (ignore Outlooks insistence at
capitalizing the first letters of these lines/sentences - it's all
lowercase)

Bison ast_expr.y --name-prefix=ast_yy -o ast_expr.c
Ast_expr.y:110: unrecognized: %locations
Ast_expr.y:110:    Skipping to next %
Ast_expr.y:141: invalid @-construct
Ast_expr.y:141: $. Is invalid
[these last two lines repeat iterating the line number (141) up to 155
then:]
Make: *** [ast_expr.c] Error 1

And it stops.  I've looked at this source file starting at the 110 line
location, (I'm not a C programmer though) and I don't see anything obviously
wrong to fix.

Additional info on my system:  This is a fresh install of Linux ES 2.1 on a
HP ProLiant DL380 - It's custom install with Development & Kernel
Development packages installed as well as OpenSSL-Devel, Readline41,
Ncurses4, Ncurses C++ Devel, SOX & mpg123 packages.  Other than that it's
completely clean.  It's being installed on a partition with loads of space
available to it and the install is being run as root.

Can anyone tell from that error if I'm missing something or what the problem
may be?

Thanks a bunch