[Asterisk-Users] bad sound quality, also the ringtone

Andreas 'TheChaos' Groll TheChaos at networkchallenge.de
Tue Jul 13 14:26:03 MST 2004

Hi,

it took me 2 days to get my asterisk box running, so now I completed and
I am disappointed of the sound quality. When I call other people their
voices sound somewhat scratchy. First I thought it might be a codec
problem, but I also recognized it during the ring tone or even the DISA
connect tone. Sometimes it is better quality and sometimes more scratchy.

Where might be the problem? I am using asterisk with bristuff and a HFC
card on Debian 3.0.

Perhaps someone knows the problems and has a solution.

Thanks
Andreas