[Asterisk-Users] Digium Cards in Boxes without Power Connectors

Joe Dennick joe at dennick.net
Tue Jul 13 11:01:39 MST 2004

We've run into the same issue with a Compaq (HP) DL-360.  It’s a great
server with a Xeon 2.8 GHz processor.  In fact its overkill for a single
T-1 and about 20 Cisco phones, but there's no way to plug in the FXO
card.  We wanted to run a FAX machine off of that card.  Because these
servers are only 1 U in height (about 1.75 inches), everything is very
tightly integrated.  Stealing power just isn't an option unless you get
busy with a soldering gun and void your warranty.