[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk System Proposal

Asterisk thisemailaddressisbogus at risehigh.com
Tue Jul 13 08:43:32 MST 2004

Hello,
Earlier last week, I had posted a requirement for Asterisk boxes
to various consultants, vendors. Thanks to all of them who responded.
After screening through some of the quesitons, we realized that
there are too many variables to a "working" Asterisk system and a
remote vendor may not be the best way to go.
So it would be best for us to discuss our requirement with someone
who is local to San-Jose, Bay Area.

I am posting our requirements again on this mailing list
hoping someone local can respond to it.

Criteria:

1. You are local to Bay Area (CA).
2. You have installed Asterisk systems.
3. You have the confidence to install & configure following 3 systems.

If you meet the above criteria, please send an email to
"helloritesh at gmail dot com" so that we can exchange phone numbers
for a direct conversation.

Here is a brief detail of required system.

(1) Asterisk PBX : USA

* T1 interface to PSTN
* 2 Analog PSTN interface of emergency calling (911)
* Upto 100 SIP interfaces (including voice mail)
* 2U Chassis

(2) Asterisk PBX : ASIA

* 8 PSTN (Analog) lines
* Upto 50 SIP interfaces (including voice mail)
* 2U Chassis
* You don't need to travel. We can test the system locally and
  the system will be shipped to ASIA office.

(3) Asterisk PBX : Europe

* 8 PSTN (Analog) lines
* Upto 50 SIP interfaces (including voice mail)
* 2U Chassis
* You don't need to travel. We can test the system locally and
  the system will be shipped to ASIA office.

Requirements:
* Voice-mail back-up
* Single Dialplan across offices
* GUI for simple maintenance (e.g. adding an extension)
* Remote logging to update dialplan using GUI
* Firewall pass through for voice traffic (e.g. IAX)
* Maintenance contract terms and cost
* Detail system warranty information
* solution in two to three weeks

Initial dialplan will be provided to you and the systems are
expected to be pre-configured with the dial-plan.

Our IT is in a process of setting up the infrastructure (mail server,
file server, firewalls etc.) and the systems need to be deployed in
2 to 3 weeks so please respond at your earliest convenience.

Some of the questions we have been asked:

Q: Any idea for the call-volume expected out of your US-PBX?
A: We do not have a call volume yet.  We will probably start with a
     pri or mutliple analogs.  This

will probably carry us for at least the first couple of months.

Q: Assuming that IAX would be used for inter-site communication:
     What are the internet access speeds at remote sites? Will this
      connection/access device before the PBX have QoS/traffic shaping
      abilities as well as VoIP support (are you willing to open port 4569
      for IAX on your firewall, etc)
A: We do not yet have the exact speeds on connectivity for the remote sites,
     some are being reprovisioned.  We should not need to open the firewall,
     as the remote sites should have full time vpn connectivity.

Q: Voice-mail back-up: Is disk based backup enough?  Bandwidth to copy
     VM files from US/Europe?
A: Ideally we will have fault tolerence in the US, we should be able to do a
     flat file copy from Europe to the US.

Q: Will you have tape drives or other network-backup facilities (or should
we
     provide them)
A: We will have tape drives.

Thanks a lot for your time and I look forward to your responses.