[Asterisk-Users] zaptel debugging tools

Glen Hinkle asterisk at empireenterprises.com
Tue Jul 13 08:15:04 MST 2004

> But what exactly are you trying to debug ?

Specifically, I want to determine when the DTMF tones are being sent
over the channel.  I'm connected to a NACT switch using cas, & there is
a delay of 5-8 seconds from when asterisk begins the Dial command to the
time when the NACT switch connects the call.

This behavior does not occur with other equipment connected to the NACT
switch, so I'm trying to narrow down the problem.

> * you could issue "set verbose 10" on the asterisk CLI

I've tried "set verbose 10" as you suggested, followed by a "debug
Zap/1-1" as soon as the call is attempted.  I get the following message
repeatedly until the call is connected:

"<< [ TYPE: Null Frame (5) SUBCLASS: N/A (0) ] [Zap/1-1]"

Any ideas or directions are appreciated.

-g