SIP simultaneous registry possible workaround (was Re: [Asterisk-Users] New Asterisk bounty: SIP simultaneous registry)

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Tue Jul 13 05:13:54 MST 2004

On Tuesday 13 July 2004 03:07, Sunrise Ltd wrote:
> >exten => s,1,Dial(SIP/someuser&SIP/someuser&SIP ......

> That's why you would stick the members into a global
> variable

You global variable is still unwieldy.  All you did was move the problem.

> Also, you can use the callgroup feature in sip.conf
>
> [111]
> callgroup=1
> callerid="Member 1"<12345>
>
> [112]
> callgroup=1
> callerid="Member 2"<12345>

Now *that* is what I was looking for -- so it is possible to group SIP peers
like you can Zap channels :-)

Thank you.  I don't use SIP unless I have to, but I was hoping Asterisk could
handle SIP grouping to help this particular fellow.  :-)

-A.