[Asterisk-Users] Integration with a Siemens HiCom 150E / HiPath 3750

Martin Mielke martin.mielke at thales-is.com
Tue Jul 13 05:14:41 MST 2004

Hello again,

sorry for the delay in replying; I've been off for some weeks at a
customer's offices and couldn't read my email at work...

ePyron Felix Deierlein wrote:

>Hello Martin,
>

>>>how would you like to integrate? PRI (E1) or BRI (ISDN)?
>>>

>>Besides of making calls with VoIP from PC to PC, we'd like
>>that our people abroad could dial company internal extensions
>>through Asterisk using a SIP client. On a second approach,
>>the same people abroad could dial the PSTN using the same method...
>>

>That should not affect your integration with the legacy pbx.
>
>Our scenario is:
>
>DTAG ---------- * -------- HICOM
>	PRI	    |   PRI
>		   SIP

Seems pretty much similar to what I intend to setup:

PSTN ------- HiCom ---------- * (+SIP cloud)
       PRI           S0-Bus

Right now, the only free "indoor" boards provide a S0-Bus (8 ISDN
lines), so I thought of using them instead of a PRI board.

Some questions about both scenarios, yours and mine:

    * is it possible to call VoIP from a PC to PSTN and vice versa?
    * is it possible to call VoIP from PSTN to an internal line? the
idea behind this is to have a co-worker somewhere in the world and s/he
could ring me on my desk from her/his PC, and vice versa.

>>Please tell me the magical receipt  on a step-by-step basis,
>>as I'm not much into this telco world ;)
>>

>Sorry, that is not that easy because the receipt depends much on the
>circumstances.
>
>What connection do you have between pstn and hicom?

It's a PRI.

>And you should read everything about the leagacy integration, so you will
>get an idea, what you want to have.

Could you please provide some more information? Reading the "legacy
integration" on the *-WiKi page doesn't clear things up too much...

You might want to discuss this off the list. I'd post the final
conclusions when finished. In that case: Antwort auf Deutsch wäre auch
gut ;)

Regards,
Martin