[Asterisk-Users] New Asterisk bounty: SIP simultaneous

Sunrise Ltd stsltdtyo at yahoo.co.jp
Tue Jul 13 00:31:58 MST 2004

Duane wrote:

>We're running SER and Asterisk on the same system with
>Like2Fone.com and we just stuck Asterisk on a different
>port then redirect calls as needed, although I doubt it
would
>be as difficult as your making out, if you stick SER on
an
>alternative port and then just use that to connect your
>clients to problem solved, in effect the opposite to what
>we wanted to achieve...

Interesting. I assume by "redirect calls as needed" you
mean passing calls between Asterisk and SER.

It is unclear to me how you achieve that.

If Asterisk is directed to speak SIP on port 5061 and SER
remains on port 5060, then how do you get Asterisk to talk
to SER and vice versa?

Would you care to share this with us?

rgds
benjk