[Asterisk-Users] segmentation fault on asterisk startup

Andreas 'TheChaos' Groll TheChaos at networkchallenge.de
Tue Jul 13 00:27:02 MST 2004

Hi,

I write to this list, because I didn't find anything on the net.

I installed asterisk using bristuff-0.0.2 without any errors, but when I
start asterisk with "asterisk -vvvc" I get following error:

[codec_ilbc.so] => (iLBC/PCM16 (signed linear) Codec Translator)
  == Registered translator 'ilbctolin' from format ILBC to SLINR, cost 127
Segmentation fault

Removing codec_ilbc.so from /usr/lib/asterisk/modules shows up the next
error:

  [codec_lpc10.so] => (LPC10 2.4kbps (signed linear) Voice Coder)
  == Registered translator 'lpc10tolin' from format LPC10 to SLINR, cost 63
Segmentation fault

Ok, just removed this last module works, asterisk is starting without
errors anymore, but I wanted to use ILBC codec so it's importan for me.

Can anyone help me, getting this to work?

I'm running Debian 3.0 (2.4.18-bf2.4) with bristuff-0.0.2 and the zaphfc
module loaded.

Thanks for any replies.

Bye
Andreas