SIP simultaneous registry possible workaround (was Re: [Asterisk-Users] New Asterisk bounty: SIP simultaneous registry)

Sunrise Ltd stsltdtyo at yahoo.co.jp
Tue Jul 13 00:07:09 MST 2004

Andrew Kohlsmith wrote:

>I wasn't talking about bandwidth but rather lengthy
>Dial() commands...
>
>exten => s,1,Dial(SIP/someuser&SIP/someuser&SIP ......
>
>kind of thing... seems awfully unwieldy.

That's why you would stick the members into a global
variable

[globals]

DIYCALLGROUP => SIP/111&SIP/112&SIP113   etc.

then dial using Dial(${DIYCALLGROUP},...)

Also, you can use the callgroup feature in sip.conf

[111]
callgroup=1
callerid="Member 1"<12345>

[112]
callgroup=1
callerid="Member 2"<12345>

[113]
callgroup=1
callerid="Member 3"<12345>

then in your dialplan

exten => 12345,1,Dial(SIP/111)   ; dialling one member
rings them all

this should call the entire call group. There have been
some issues with callgroups and SIP some while ago but
they may have been fixed.

In the event that they haven't been fixed, I suggest once
again that the bounty would be better spent on fixing
whatever issues there may still be with callgroups in SIP.

rgds
benjk