SIP simultaneous registry possible workaround (was Re: [Asterisk-Users] New Asterisk bounty: SIP simultaneous registry)

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Mon Jul 12 20:39:51 MST 2004

On Monday 12 July 2004 22:41, Youness El Andaloussi wrote:
> >That sound unwieldy as the number of simultaneous ringers increases...
> > Can SIP peers be grouped like Zap channels?
>
> Not sure how many phones you need ringing at the same time, but it should
> not be a major problem as only an invite is sent... and it should not
> require much bandwidth just to invite.

I wasn't talking about bandwidth but rather lengthy Dial() commands...

exten =>
s,1,Dial(SIP/someuser&SIP/someuser&SIP/someuser&SIP/someuser&SIP/someuser&SIP/someuser&SIP/someuser&SIP/someuser&SIP/someuser&SIP/someuser&SIP/someuser&SIP/someuser&SIP/someuser&SIP/someuser&SIP/someuser&SIP/someuser&SIP/someuser&SIP/someuser&SIP/someuser&SIP/someuser&SIP/someuser&SIP/someuser&SIP/someuser&SIP/someuser&SIP/someuser&SIP/someuser)

kind of thing... seems awfully unwieldy.

-A.