[Asterisk-Users] asterisk T1 question

Eric Einhorn eric at monmouth.com
Mon Jul 12 12:21:10 MST 2004

Hi Curtis,

It depends on the Adtran unit you have out there.  Some have an "FT1" port
(Fractional T1) which you can map channels to.  If your unit has this, you
can reconfigure it's map to send the voice channels to this port, instead of
the FXO channel bank.  From there, plug into a T100P, or whatever T1 card
you have for Asterisk and you're all set.  You will need to work with your
provider if you need to change the signalling type.  Loop start is common
for a two wire interface and may not suit your needs, but- hey, give it a
shot!

Leave the data channels mapped to the RCU, which is the router portion of the
unit and provides your data connectivity at the ethernet port for your PIX.

- Eric