[Asterisk-Users] IP Soft Phone with FAX

Elman Efendiyev elman at earlinvest.com
Mon Jul 12 10:33:32 MST 2004

Hi,

I need to send and receive faxes over VoIP in realtime.
I mean: user А calls from VoIP network to fax machine on PSTN, but
starts voice conversation with user B on that fax machine. Then users
agree to send a fax (any direction), pressed "start", completed fax
transmission and then continue a voice conversation.
This is one of generic ways to use analog fax machine.
As I understand this can be done with analog fax machine connected to
any FXS device and G.711 codec.
My problemm is that I need a software phone to to use faxes, not
hardware, and cannot find any software terminal able to send/receive fax
in realtime, over already established connection (by voice).
T38 is more elegant way for fax but anyway I cannot find any software
phone able to work with is by way I need.
I found some solutions for faxes (spandsp, Hylafax) but is I understand
they need to make fax calls (or answer a call) by themselves, so didn't
fit to my needs (please correct me if I'm wrong)
I think the best solution would be a software phone with fax support by
T38, but would be happy to find software phone able to faxing in
realtime by any
 metod.
Is such softwate exists at all?
Can anybody suggest me a solution for my problemm?
Thanks.

--
Sincerely,
Elman Efendiyev