[Asterisk-Users] X101P FXO with RED alarm

Kevin Walsh kevin at cursor.biz
Mon Jul 12 10:29:43 MST 2004

Jason Williams [jas.williams at gmail.com] wrote:
> On Sun, 11 Jul 2004 23:02:56 +0100, Richard Airlie <richard at darq.net> wrote:
> > On Sat, Jul 10, 2004 at 05:55:21PM +0100, Kevin Walsh wrote:
> > > First things first.  Scrap the "ports" and build from the latest
> > > CVS source.  0.9 is far to old and buggy, and suspect the same of
> > > the Zaptel driver you have, although I don't use *BSD myself.
> > >
> > I cvsup'd to the latest source yesterday and tried to build zaptel,
> > but it failed right away. (trying to include linux/*.h)
> >
> You need to get zaptel built correctly with your kernel otherwise it
> will never run correctly.

The easiest way to do that would be to dump *BSD and install GNU/Linux.

I don't really understand why people struggle with *BSD when everything
"just works" on GNU/Linux.  I see this sort of thing all the time, on
lots of open source projects.

If you have lots of free time then by all means spend a large chunk of
it doing battle with *BSD.  If not then save yourself the effort and
just install GNU/Linux.  The Gentoo distro, with Linux 2.6.7, works for
me.

 _/ _/    _/          _/ _/     _/    _/  _/_/    kevin at cursor.biz