R: [Asterisk-Users] How to make * don't strip the leading 0

Manuel Wenger manuel.wenger at ticinocom.com
Mon Jul 12 06:24:54 MST 2004

> Is it possible to tell asterisk not to strip the leading 0
> of *incoming* MSNs? I use asterisk with i4l and whenever
> I get a call from an long-distance party, the leading 0, which
> should be there according the german numbering, is not.

Are you *really* sure that the 0 is transmitted in the CLI, and that it isn't stripped already by the phone company? I think the easiest thing for you would be to add the leading 0 before forwarding the call to your SIP client (ie. SetCallerID(0${CALLERIDNUM}) in your extensions.conf for each extesion where you'd like to add the 0).

Regards
Manuel