[Asterisk-Users] gnophone and asterisk

Isianto Istiadi isianto.istiadi at adirarental.com
Mon Jul 12 01:30:24 MST 2004

Dear All,
I just do cvsup for asterisk (7/12/2004),and yesterday cvs with the same result.
I'm trying to make gnophone work with asterisk.
Following the wiki pages, here's my iax.conf

[general]
port=5036
;bindaddr=192.168.1.145
iaxcompat=yes
delayreject=yes
bandwidth=low
;
;allow=all                      ; same as bandwidth=high
;disallow=g723.1                ; Hm...  Proprietary, don't use it...
disallow=lpc10                  ; Icky sound quality...  Mr. Roboto.
;allow=gsm                      ; Always allow GSM, it's cool :)
;
[gnophone]            ;This is the name of the user, and the reference in exten$
type=friend           ;Asterisk send calls to a "peer", receives calls from a "$
secret=testing1 ;The is the secret in gnophone.
auth=plaintext        ;Asterisk to Asterisk can use "md5" and "rsa", I do not i$
host=dynamic          ;This allows the host to come from different
context=sip           ;What "context" to jump to in the extensions.conf file.  $
mailbox=101           ;Which mailbox to use.
callerid="Isianto" <123456> ;Caller ID to show when the call is incoming from g$
permit=0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0 ;Which IP's can be incoming.

here's my gnophone config

mode=2
iaxserver=192.168.1.2
iaxcontext=sip
iaxusername=gnophone
iaxpassword=testing1
iaxpeer=gnophone
iaxsecret=testing1
iaxprefix=
iaxport=5036

the problem is when I start *, I can see in the console like this:
Jul 12 14:43:05 WARNING[16384]: chan_iax2.c:6537 set_config: Ignoring port for now
  == Using TOS bits 16
  == IAX Ready and Listening on 0.0.0.0 port 4569
  == Loaded firmware 'iaxy.bin'
    -- Loaded provisioning template 'default'

and then I do nmap -sU ip (I don't see port 4569 or 5036 available). I can't register gnophone with *, when I do ethereal, I can see that gnophone tried to connect to port 5036, but the * replied destination unreachable.
Is there something wrong with my config?

Thanks