[Asterisk-Users] X101P FXO with RED alarm

Richard Airlie richard at darq.net
Sun Jul 11 15:02:56 MST 2004

On Sat, Jul 10, 2004 at 05:55:21PM +0100, Kevin Walsh wrote:
> Richard Airlie [richard at darq.net] wrote:

> First things first.  Scrap the "ports" and build from the latest
> CVS source.  0.9 is far to old and buggy, and suspect the same of
> the Zaptel driver you have, although I don't use *BSD myself.

I cvsup'd to the latest source yesterday and tried to build zaptel,
but it failed right away. (trying to include linux/*.h)
I didn't try building asterisk as it seems like the problem is with
zaptel -- i.e. I should be able to load the zaptel driver and not
see a red alarm, irrespective of my asterisk version, right?.

> Secondly, the red alarm does tend to mean that the line is not
> connected, but I got what you're describing when I moved Asterisk to
> a new machine.  Try the X100P card in a different PCI slot.  That
> cleared it for me, for whatever reason.

Thanks for that, I gave it a try but unfortunately it's made no
difference.

I am suspecting the problem is either with the zaptel driver in
ports (which is the only version I can get to build) or i've got
a hardware issue.

For what it's worth I can plug a phone into the back of the FXO
and get dial tone, so I guess that proves that the cabling is OK?

best,
Richard.