[Asterisk-Users] New Asterisk bounty: SIP simultaneous registry

Soren Rathje asterisk at lolle.org
Sun Jul 11 12:50:46 MST 2004

Daniel Jimenez wrote:
> Soren Rathje wrote:
>
>> Eh... Sort of like "shadow" lines ???
>>
>> Remember that "Dial(SIP/1 & H323/1 &
>> ZAP/1,[timeout],[options],[URL])" will dial all 3 extensions
>> simultaneously (regardless of channel choice) and with a little
>> tinkering in your dialplan you can even activate/deactivate this
>> from the "Manager Station"....
>>
>> Why make it harder than it really is ??? I believe this is exactly
>> what they do when programming your regular (old world) PBX
>> systems...
>>
>> -- Soren
>
> Explain to me how the AA user knows who's line is ringing? Hmm? To
> them, it's no different then a call directly to them.
>
> The bounty stands.

Hmm, Googling around a bit I think I understand what you are looking for...

Asterisk is missing functionality similar to Cisco CallManagers "m" option on ephone configuration. The "m" option allows you to "monitor" a specific DN but you do not "own" it...

Right ??

If so, Asterisk will have to handle two types of registers. One "To:" per DN and any number of "Cc:"'s... Question is if SIP supports this and as I read the RFC it does not.

I wonder if this is built into the Asterisk SCCP stuff..

-- Soren