[Asterisk-Users] QoS in asterisk

Paul Mahler pmahler at signate.com
Sun Jul 11 12:50:27 MST 2004

This is a very complex question.

First, you have to ask about VoIP and QoS. This is because * uses VoIP
protocols like UDP and RTP. In general, the QoS of VoIP is not as high as
with the PSTN. Even so, call quality can be generally very good.

Second, * does support features that support QoS, for example the IAX
jitterbuffer setting.

Paul

Paul Mahler
pmahler at signate.com