[Asterisk-Users] New Asterisk bounty: SIP simultaneous

Paul Mahler pmahler at signate.com
Sun Jul 11 12:31:16 MST 2004

The whole point of a SIP registration is to identify a UNIQUE device. You
CAN'T HAVE multiple devices registered as the same SIP device. That's WHY
the last device that registers gets the traffic.

This doesn't have ANYTHING TO DO WITH ASTERISK. This is a SIP issue, not an
Asterisk issue. You should just be happy that Asterisk will do what you
want, even if SIP won't.

If you really, really want to do this, up the bounty to about $50,000 and
get the SIP specification changed.

Paul Mahler
pmahler at signate.com
Signate, LLC