[Asterisk-Users] iax2 - peer 2 peer - asterisk?

Atuc atuc at gmx.de
Sun Jul 11 08:07:32 MST 2004

hallo all,

i am new to asterisk, just started my first tests and tried to build up a
phoneserver with serveral iaxcomm clients running over iax2.

my question is:
now, it is possible to reach all phones over the asterisk server, but the
media stream is always routed through the server.
is it also possible to use asterisk to manage only the connection process
through asterisk and that the media data flow runs peer to peer? ( similar
to a h323 gatekeeper )

how to setup the extention.conf and aix.conf? could anybody direct me to
infos how to set up asterisk to work in this way?

thanks for any help and infos,
best,
alex tucek